July 25, 2008

yum-o

I just tried my first Eat Clean recipe from Tosca's book. YUM-O!

I ordered some pizzas for the rest of the clan...Aspen has a friend spending the night tonight, and they all happily munched away on their pepperoni and grease. I made up this new recipe and offered to share it with all...no one took me up on it...

It was quite easy to make, and I thought it was delicious. And I have leftovers for the rest of the weekend too. It's packed with protein and complex carbs, all in one dish.

Light Waldorf Salad

1 cup diced celery
1 cup diced crisp apples

1/2 cup seedless grapes, halved
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup unsweetened, low-fat plain yogurt
1 tbs lemon juice

Place all the fruits & nuts in a big bowl. In a separate bowl, mix up the yogurt and lemon juice. Toss with this dressing, and refridgerate.

** I made a few revisions to the receipe, for me...I obviously did not put any walnuts in it (I hate pecans and walnuts). In their place, I used a can of chicken and made it into a Waldorf Chicken Salad.

Oh my, it was good...my next purchase will definitely be her cookbook...

3 comments:

Susan said...

Look at you and your diet..that is awesome. I love Waldorf Salads, except I leave out the celery. Happy First Anniversary!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful. I would leave out the celery and of course add the walnuts!

PTS

Susan said...

Love the new stuff on the blog...photo slides, etc...very cool! Hope your weekend is great!

Post a Comment