January 17, 2006

learning something new


{ no, I did not buy or make this scarf...just an example!}

Right after the new year rolled in, I received my normal inspirational email from Dieter Pauwels. There was a list of 10 questions that were very thought-provoking, and I decided to hang onto that list. I plan to use it here on the blog, and also for some scrapbook pages. Anyhow, today I want to address question #9:

If you could challenge your mind and expand your horizon by learning something new in 2006, what would it be?

I am excited for my "something new" in 2006...I am planning to learn how to knit! My friend Terry is a seasoned pro at knitting and has agreed to give me and a few other friends a "how-to" class. She is always wearing the most gorgeous scarves...every time I see her. Learning to knit will definitely be a challenge for me, since I can't even sew a button on! It will be a fun challenge though, and made even better as I will be surrounded by friends after the same quest: To become more well-rounded, to learn new things, to share talents, to create. I will keep you all updated on my progress, once we have our little class!

{p.s...my mom tells me that Dieter reads my blog every now and then...I thought that was pretty darn cool! Hello Dieter, if you're reading this! Thank you for all of the positive, thought-provoking material!}

3 comments:

Kim :) said...

I can't wait for our class from Terry! Maybe at the crop on Saturday we will be able to set up a date.

Oh that is so cool that Dieter reads your blog sometimes!

chksngr said...

So...when I first glanced at this, I thought you might be wanting to learn how to take off somebody's head and leave a purple felt neck in its place...

HA!

Jackie said...

this will sound crazy, but I'd probably grab my computer's hard drive because of all the photos stored on it. The ones that are backed up on CD are in Kenneth's gun safe which I think is fireproof.

Post a Comment