January 19, 2006

mall walking

...and window shopping... :)

It's amazing how I notice things in the windows of the shops Kim and I walk by three times a week. She and I chit chat non-stop, and these things still jump out at me! I wish I had a wallet full of money just screaming to be spent! Off-hand, I know I would get:

:: from J.C.Penney, a pair of denim capri pants by St. John's Bay...
:: from Forever 21, a black sheer lacy top that buttons up the front and is so dainty, to wear over a tank top

:: from the shoe store, a pair of adorable Puma sneakers
:: from Victoria's Secret, anything from the PINK collection, or the pink cami with the puckered bodice

The mall is really an interesting place to walk...here we are, trying to be healthy, and we pass so many yummy smells...the movie theater popcorn (yum), the cookie place that sells Icees (yum), the pretzel place, the pizza place. It doesn't help that the Chik-fil-a sample lady is always trying to pawn her little treats off onto us! The pretzel lady too. I always leave our walks yearning for a cherry Icee...

But, mostly, our walks are therapeutic. We talk talk talk. We do not judge one another. We listen, really listen. I always feel 100% lighter in spirit after our walks. They are good stuff!!

This week, Kim and I have taken two of our three days off...she's having some pain in her heel, and it needed some rest time to heal. I've missed those two days with her this week! Luckily, I will be spending most of Saturday with her, at the crop...yay for that!

Get that heel mended, miss Kim!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

While I'm so jealous of Kim for the time she gets to spend with you, I'm so glad you found her! I was so worried about you when you moved out there. You know I've got that "mother hen" gene and am very protective of my friends!

SuburbanMom said...

Oh I love walking!

Love it, love it, love it.

Especially steep, foggy ones :)

Kim :) said...

Awww. Thanks Kelley!! What a sweet post!! I have missed our walks this week as well!! I am not so sure I even do it for the exercise anymore. actually I KNOW I don't.... It isn't about that at all to me. It is just a therapeutic relaxing time with a dear friend. It is great to know I can babble on and on and you are there to listen. You always have great advice when I need it, and always there for a laugh when that is what I need as well. Thanks for being the person that you are, thanks for being such a dear friend! I love ya Sweetie!.

Post a Comment