May 19, 2006

makeup

Can you imagine being a boy? Getting out of the shower and not having anything to do to make yourself look better? I love being a girl. I love putting on makeup and improving how I look. I rarely leave the house without makeup on. I don't wear a whole lot, but what I do wear is a must! I am also just a regular Jane when it comes to makeup...I'm not buying the expensive stuff. Mostly CoverGirl and Maybelline will do it for me just fine! My skin tone is very pale, so all of my colors are in the ivory category! :)



I start with Cover Girl freshcomplexion concealer in creamy natural. I used to wear foundation over my entire face, but a few years ago I switched to just concealer. I like to let some of my own skin shine through and just cover up the problem areas.



Next, I put on a little CoverGirl pressed powder in classic ivory (the dark brown case above). Just a few swipes to even out the skin.



For blush, I use CoverGirl Cheekers in soft sable. I focus on the balls of my cheeks, and then give the rest of my face a brief dusting. Us pale girls need a little help with a glow!



Next, the eyes. I use two tones to add dimension. I use Maybelline utaupia, which is a light and dark taupe color. First the light color all over the eyelids, then the darker color near the lash line. I have never really been into colored eye shadows. I usually stick to taupes and grays.



CoverGirl basic black liner goes right along the top lash line on my eyelids. I use the smudging end to soften the line.



I love Maybelline Great Lash mascara. I usually use just the regular black, but this last time I bought the "Blackest BLACK Mascara"...don't like this as much...it's very black and tends to clump a lot. Going back to my regular Great Last when this is done...if I wear nothing else on my face, I will always wear mascara. It really makes the eyes pop!



The final step is the eyebrows. I'm a big fan of the CoverGirl brow gel. This is a must! Swipe it on, then I use a toothbrush to brush my brows into place. I use my Burmax tweezers to get the strays and voila!

A perfect face!

Well, as perfect as mine gets, anyway...I'm just grateful that I have a way to make myself look better. If I had to go out in public with my natural face, I'd be sorry for you all! :)

1 comment:

Kim :) said...

Fun Post!! I need to take a little more time and put on my makeup every morning. I have gotten in to a really bad habit of just putting on mascara. I need to spend a little more time on myself I think!

Post a Comment