April 28, 2009

tidbits

:: Today was a pretty good day...it was our Shareholders Meeting at work that we have all been working so hard and long on. Chris is a shareholder, so I was his guest at lunch. It was very tasty, and also fun to see people get their service awards. Our company gives awards for 5, 10, 15, and 20 years of service. 5, 10, and 15 year awards are these very cool silver metal sculptures, a small size for 5 years and then increasing for each of the other two. The 20 year award is your choice of either a Rolex or a TAG watch. Pretty cool! Eleven awards were given out this year. Chris should be receiving his ten year award next year...crazy to think he's been there that long.

:: Our CEO even mentioned my annual report during his presentation, and bragged on my hand tearing. He said that our company is great because it has employees who don't mind going a step above to make things the best they can be. I had numerous people come up to me afterwards, asking if I indeed hand tear each cover...kind of fun!

:: After 5:00, our CEO also gathered a few of us who had worked so hard to pull the meeting together...we had a little wine toast and chatted for over an hour. It was a nice way to end the day, for sure...

:: I'm so glad that Melissa is still on DWTS! Whew...I thought she was a goner. I am sad to see Julianne off, I love her. She's my favorite...but, I think Melissa has a shot at winning, and am so glad the fan votes pulled her through.

:: Clean eating is no bueno...I have gotten derailed, and foresee at least one more thing this week keeping me from my lifestyle. I'll finish off the week as best I can, and then I am going to be Clean Nazi come Monday. And I am talking major Clean Nazi.


:: The long day is drawing to a close...I will find a way to relax for the remainder and then get some good sleep. Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment