April 27, 2009

today's happenings

:: Keep all fingers and toes crossed for my poor mom...she has the worst travel luck! Last time she came to visit, she got stuck in the Dallas airport forever...and this year, she's not had any better luck. Her flight was supposed to leave at 2:00 today, and it got cancelled. She was moved to the 5:50 flight, only for that to then be pushed to 6:50, and then to 7:05. The verdict is still out on whether she'll fly out. Then her new flight from Dallas to St. Louis doesn't leave until 9:30 or something like that...whew. A long day for her, and hopefully from this point on she will have smooth sailing. She is ready to be home in her own bed, getting back to her normal routine...

:: I received the oddest, but most delightful birthday gift today! A loaf of fresh sour dough bread from
Panera...mmmmmm yum! My friend was in Oklahoma City over the weekend running a half marathon, and brought it back for me as we do not have one here in town. I thought that was incredibly sweet and creative!

:: Mimi is making dinner tonight, and it feels wonderful to be off the hook for the night!!! Meatloaf and mashed potoatoes and cabbage...will be delicious!

:: Back to work today, and took awhile to get things in order...made some great progress on my to-do list, which felt good. I was already behind, and two days out unexpectedly made things snowball a little more. However, it was totally worth it, and all work will get done when it gets done...

:: Tuesday is the Shareholders Meeting/Lunch at work...Chris is a shareholder in the company, so I will be his guest for lunch. This meeting is a huge deal, and is what we have worked so hard and so long for. The annual reports are presented for the first time, so will be interesting to hear feedback on mine...

:: Thursday, I am looking forward to lunch with Kim! A little late this week due to Mom's flying schedule, shareholder lunch, and Kim's book study...but we'll get it in there and it will be worth it! Love my lunches with Kim...

:: And Friday will be the monthly company luncheon...whew! Seems like all I do is eat eat eat, doesn't it? My birthday week was pretty "dirty", and I've got to get back on track!! May need to wait until this week of luncheons is over, and then get serious.

:: What do I have to report besides food? Looking forward to Dancing with the Stars tonight...and enjoyed Amazing Race last night...I really like Victor and Tammy and am rooting for them to win. They are the most supportive sister/brother team I have ever seen...love them!

2 comments:

Childoftherockgarden said...

I hope your mom has now arrived home safely! She has such an up-beat attitude, that the delays probably didn't phase her too much! I was behind on my blogging, also, so had to catch up today. I hope your meeting tomorrow is a huge success (I know it will be). Hey, I love that AMAZING RACE! I think your family should be on there!!!!

Kim :) said...

that really bites that your mom has such bad luck with the airplanes! Goodness. I'm glad that she made it home safely now.

I'm ready for our lunch Thursday also! We will make it work somehow this week. :)

Post a Comment