May 17, 2009

really enjoyed the weekend

:: Very nice weekend...we're trying to save money, and most of my money goes toward food. Groceries and eating out. So we are trying to cut back on the eating out, and only did so one evening this weekend. That is a big improvement, as we usually eat out both Friday and Saturday night, along with lunch out Saturday.

:: Saturday was my monthly crop, and it was a fun day! Plus, I completed 16 pages, and that made me very happy! The hostess works at the health department downtown, and she rented out their meeting room. Very nice!! We all had so much room, and there was even a kitchen. The perfect set up.

:: Aspen ended up spending Saturday evening with her mom, so Chris and I enjoyed a date night together. Love that man.

:: Sunday was busy and tiring...Chris and I started the day off with 13 miles --- he ran, I biked. I haven't biked that far in quite some time, and it wore me out! From there, I did the grocery shopping and laundry, and then helped Chris out in the flower beds. We have two of seven cleared out, and working on the third. That will take care of the front beds, and then we'll be getting them filled in with something. The front of the house will look so different just from that!! We are both drained...whew.

:: Survivor finale (thanks for reminding us mom!)...I was very happy that JT won. I thought he was a real stand-up guy, and the fact that he received all of the votes shows that. I can't believe there have been 18 seasons...crazy.

:: Since I was at the crop all day Saturday, and Chris spent some time by himself, that is never good...because his brain gets to going and he comes up with all these ideas! :) He pulled a switcheroo on me, and suggested that instead of trying to find a new house, we just build on to this one. Which would mean at least another bedroom and bathroom, along with an office; and eventually a pool and landscaping and a nice patio area. Which isn't a bad idea, but my main concern was that adding on to this house in this neighborhood would really outprice the house and we would never get our money back. Luckily, he spoke with our realtor friend today (the woman who sold our other house, and who has been showing us houses around town), and she totally told him that if he adds on to this house she'll never speak to him again! So that doesn't look like it will be an option. So, we can wait patiently for our perfect house to come on the market, or we can build again using a different builder. Hmmm. And remember that house that I mentioned, that is right outside the school district we want to be in? And that Chris didn't even want us to look at it because he knew I'd fall in love with it? Well, our realtor confirmed that today...she refuses to show us that house because she knows that we will love it! :)

:: Am almost done with "Just Breathe" and it has been a good read...pretty predictable, like I said, but definitely readable...and over the weekend, I used my gift card and bought "Same Kind of Different as Me." Am looking forward to reading that one, after hearing such good things about it from people at work.

So, that's all I know right now...I hope you all have a great week ahead! Maybe I will post some of my layouts from the weekend this week...

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Glad you had a great weekend! Can't wait to see those pages. I need to hurry up & take pics of the pages I've done for the gift album I've done for my cousin!

As for houses, I'm just happy to keep mine clean. Forget changing houses!

Post a Comment