February 19, 2012

weekend getaway

Ahhhhh....

Just what Chris and I both needed...a nice weekend away in our favorite place, Fredericksburg!!!

We had a wonderful time...we drove there Friday evening after work. We stopped at Mac's BBQ on the way there, and enjoyed some yummy food. Got to Fredericksburg around 10:00, and after checking in to the hotel, we headed over to Hondo's, where they have live music and spirits. It was very enjoyable!

Saturday, we woke up early and had breakfast at the hotel. Then I headed off for an hour massage!!! Chris had surprised me with a gift card (designed by my coworker, Kathy) for an hour of relaxation. I was very excited!!! I asked Daisy at Above & Beyond to focus on my neck, shoulders and back, since that is where all of my stress settles. She worked me over very good, painful at times. But definitely needed, and I feel better. She told me I should try to get a chair massage every so often, and we have that at the mall. May have to try it out. From there, Chris and I headed out for lunch at the Fredericksburg Brewery and shopping on Main Street. It was such a wonderful day with my man. Found out that the scrapbook store is closing, so that was a bummer. They always had really cute stuff. After we had our fill of shopping, we headed down to our favorite winery, Grape Creek. Bought a stock of wine, and enjoyed a chilled bottle out on their patio. A little chilly but so nice!

Then we had 6:45 dinner reservations at The Cotton Gin Cabernet Grill, which is the restaurant we dined at the evening we got married. We enjoyed a DELICIOUS dinner there...we began with something we've never had: escargot! It was quite tasty, with asiago cheese on top. Then Chris had the red snapper and mashed potatoes, and I had the coconut shrimp and beef tenderloin with mashed russet potatoes. Finished up with dessert...chocolate bread pudding for Chris and triple chocolate mouse pie for me. We walked out of there stuffed to the gills, but it was a wonderful Valentine's dinner for us. Yuuuum!

We ended the evening back at Hondo's for more live music...and then we crashed!

Sunday, we woke up early and had breakfast...then we went to Trade Days, which is a big flea market. We've never been able to go before, so that was fun. Had a funnel cake and enjoyed walking through the booths. From there, we visited a new winery called Chisolm Trail, with intentions of eating lunch at their pizza restaurant. They were out of pizza somehow though, so we visited with their two miniature donkeys instead!!! They were very cute, but so so fat!!! Then we headed back to Fredericksburg and had pizza at West End. Yum! A few last minute shopping stops and then we were on the road back to Abilene...

It was a full, but relaxing weekend. I enjoyed every second of it with my hubby. He is the best thing, and he means the world to me. I am such a lucky girl.

Perfect weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment