April 03, 2014

busy day

:: Today, we received some very exciting news!! The company we work for, Funeral Directors Life Insurance Company (FDLIC), found out that we were voted "Best Place to Work in Texas"! Texas Monthly magazine gives this honor, and there are three categories. 100 companies are chosen, between the three categories. Our company fell within the 100 - 499 employee category -- and in that category, we were voted #1!!!! Such a big honor, and I couldn't agree more with the decision. Chris and I are both blessed to work for this amazing company. Chris has been there 14 years, me 12 years. We have always known what an amazing company it is, and now all of Texas knows too :)

:: This evening, after zumba, I went to a Pampered Chef party at Kim's. It was a fun evening, and I bought a few goodies too -- a meat spatula (the one I had and loved got melted on the dishwasher coil), a veggie peeler (the one I currently have is awful), and a long skinny water bottle cleaning brush. Very excited to receive it all!

:: I didn't prepare for enough food for this week for me, and I am scrounging for healthy stuff. I was craving protein when I got home from the party, so I cooked two poached eggs in the microwave and that hit the spot. It really doesn't matter what you are craving -- I find that an egg will always satisfy and end the craving.

:: Tomorrow night, as long as hubby agrees, we are going for sushi! Sushi is definitely in the top 2 things that I missed on Whole30 -- can't have it because of the white rice. Sushi is something that I am going to bring back periodically because I love it so so much. I can also have sashimi until my heart is content because it is just raw fish (no rice). Looking very forward to it!!!! :)

:: Departmental book study in the morning. A few other meetings as well. And more importantly, I have to really get organized for being gone a week on our cruise. My list for that is quite long. No stress no stress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How very neat for you and your company. That is impressive! PTS

Post a Comment