April 06, 2014

good weekend

:: Happy Sunday! We are prepping here for the week ahead -- it is going to be a doozy. The week before vacation is always, always, always extremely stressful, both at work and at home. Never fails.

:: But first -- our weekend! Friday evening, I was pumped!!!! We were going out for sushi! :) Sushi is one thing I love and plan to reintroduce periodically. So, we went to our favorite place in Abilene. I refrained from the gyoza (fried dumplings) and instead had salmon sashimi, which is just the raw fish that I love. Then I had a California roll which is just rice, cucumber, crab, and avocado. Pretty basic. Tasted so so good!!! Stomach felt good and all was dandy. I was ready to call it a success. BUT. I had a very snotty night of sleep. Up and down, blowing my nose, back to the old Kelley. I haven't had a night like that in over a month, and here it was. So unfortunately I feel there was something at that meal that my body doesn't like. It could be the rice -- maybe I have a grain sensitivity. It could be what the rice was cooked in -- MSG maybe? I don't think it was the fish or the cucumber or the seaweed wrap. So...I can maybe try making the sushi at home and see if I have the same response. Or I can just enjoy sushi when I want it, knowing that I will probably have a snotty night and not sleep much.

:: After dinner, we stopped at Target for last minute things for our trip. I found a third swimsuit, a pair of shorts, and a pair of black flats. Also found a cute shirt for work. Chris found a few things as well. Here is my cute date:


:: Saturday morning, we woke up early and did a 10 mile ride/run. Rained just a little on us, and the wind wasn't great. But it could have been worse. We did encounter a loose cow, and Chris showed me his herding skills -- very impressive!

::  Then Chris and Neeley worked on the shop! :) It's been awhile since I've said that. I did the grocery shopping, did some birthday shopping for Mimi. Worked on packing and pulling stuff together for the trip. Looked over our documents, etc. That evening, we went to eat at Cotton Patch and then home.

:: Sunday, Chris was the facilitator at our leadership class! They had some technical difficulties but Chris rolled with it well and did a great job! Kris, our CEO, had a lot of good nuggets to share with us, and it was just an overall great class! To celebrate, we went to lunch at Casa :)

:: Here are two cute ones that I just had to share:

:: This coming week will be busy, busy...multiple errands and dentist appointment for me and return a pair of shoes that were too big and make Mimi's birthday cake and attend a health workshop and go out to dinner for Mimi's birthday and attend life group and facilitate a nomination lunch at work and go to zumba and paint my nails and pack and meet with Aspen and Mimi about the week we'll be gone. Whew. Lots going on. Plus, work itself, guaranteed, will be insane. Deep breaths and lots of prayers! Then, paradise.

::  Here's to a good weekend ahead -- I will remain calm!! When things get this crazy, I get very into my head and am extremely task oriented. Give me grace!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cow...looks like a bull to me :-)! PTS

Post a Comment