April 22, 2014

jet lag

Jet lag hit me a bit today...hopefully that will be gone tomorrow! It made for a long, dragging day at work, and I need more energy for all the things I need to accomplish!

:: I've also started Round 2 of Whole 30 -- one Whole 30, a 7 day gluttony fest, and now a second Whole 30 to get me back on track. I weighed today and that 7 days of horrible eating cost me 4 pounds! They will go away soon. It feels sooo good to be back to healthy, whole foods. We weigh in on May 1 (next Thursday) to see who wins the contest we are doing at the hospital. Should be interesting!

:: We took my car in this morning to have the oil changed (long overdue, oooops) and the yearly inspection done (a little overdue, ooooops!!). Now I'm legit again.

:: My sweet friend, Amy, sent me a fantastic, fun gift for taking care of her wedding invitation package. The Nom Nom Paleo cookbook! I am having a great time reading through it. Can't wait to try some of the recipes!!.

:: I wanted to share a photo of the souvenier/birthday gift that I got on the cruise ship!! It is a Larimar stone ring by Marah Lago, which is mined only in the Dominic Republic; you can typically buy it in tropical locations. I saw this gorgeous stone for the first time in Maui, but didn't buy anything then. As soon as I saw that the cruise ship had it, I knew I wanted to buy something. I really loved this ring, and decided on it -- unfortunately, I wear a size 6 and the ship only stocked 7 and 8. So they put in a special order for me from the main Marah Lago location and it should be shipped to me in a few weeks. I can't wait to receive it!!!!! It is quite stunning. (This may not be the exact ring, but it was the closest I could find!)


:: Guess that is all I have for tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ring...
PTS

Post a Comment