August 17, 2014

one more day, please!

:: Please let me have one more day in my weekend!!! Who do I talk to about that??

:: Friday evening, Chris, Aspen and I had sushi and then rented Non Stop. It was a decent movie, though I thought the motive was weak. It was an enjoyable evening.

:: Saturday, we were up bright and early and Chris and I headed out for 10 miles. After a week of tough workouts, I was a bit spent, but I wanted to offer my support as well. Afterwards, Chris and Neeley worked on a lovely flagstone pathway in our backyard. It looks amazing!!! They will be doing another one on the other side, as well. Love love love it!!!


:: I spent my Saturday scrapbooking, and loved every minute of it! I accomplished quite a lot, too, so that is fantastic! I watched lots of Friends, and a few movies. It was a lovely day! Below is a few scrapbooking essentials, including my Marshmellow Fireside candle -- love that smell!!


:: Saturday evening, Chris and I went to dinner at Wing Stop (a treat, yum!) and Aspen met us there after she got off work. Then home for more scrapbooking!

:: Sunday church was great, and then I did the laundry and grocery shopping. I tried making a new nut butter but I am not convinced that it turned out. It has to sit for a bit, so we shall see. Chris is bottling another batch of wine! Mimi and Aspen are both working this evening, so Chris and I will have a lovely dinner together. We are excited!

:: Also wanted to share this cute one :) Poppy loves this big stuffed toy that is bigger than her! She was giving it heck the other day, and then just snuggled right up with it!


:: This week should be good -- I am getting my hair done tomorrow evening, and the monthly crop is on Saturday. Beyond that, normal stuff. This is Aspen's last week of summer...and then she starts her college career next Monday! Her boyfriend, Blake, moved into the dorms this weekend. He is going to a local, private college called Abilene Christian University, and even though he lives in town, he decided to try out the dorm. New chapters starting. Aspen will begin her new job at Dillards on September 16th, so until then she'll be at Olive Garden. Chris really enjoyed the mountain bike course on Thursday and plans to go again this Thursday. He did great for his first time, no crashing! It is pretty intense, from the sound of it. I'll be praying each week that he doesn't break any bones!!

Happy week ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment