August 10, 2014

weekend and ireland

Hope you all had a great weekend!! My week of vacation is drawing to a close...it was soooo nice! I really enjoyed it. Our time in Fredericksburg was fun and relaxing, and then the rest of the week was spent doing exactly what I wanted -- scrapbook things, reading, watching a movie. Ahhhh! The best part -- we will work three weeks, and then we have another week of vacation!!! This time, in St. Louis for my friend Amy's wedding!!!

In talking with my granny today, she reminded me that I had not posted Ireland photos yet!! Thank goodness for her! My memory is awful, so she keeps me in line! :) I've got some photos to share below! keep in mind, I was not there, and therefore don't really know the stories. You'll have to talk to Aspen personally to hear those!

On their journey to Ireland, they were stranded in Philadelphia for a few days...while there, Aspen ran up the Rocky steps!!
She was also able to see the Liberty Bell while there -- on the 4th of July! A pretty cool way to spend Independence Day!
This, I believe, is a view of the streets in Dublin. They spent a little time there at the end of their trip, sightseeing and buying gifts.

Aspen really enjoyed the Waterford Crystal tour they took -- they were even able to watch the process of how the crystal is made.
They toured a few castles there, and Aspen really took some beautiful photos!
The kids camp they took part in was Aspen's favorite part -- she bonded with quite a few of the kiddos. She loved their accents and their weird words for things -- candy was "sweeties", for instance!
Aspen doing an activity with her group of kids...
I really, really love this one of her...it captures her essence.
Their group went to the beach one day to do baptisms...

So, there you go! A little glimpse of Ireland!!! I am so jealous that she was able to go. I cannot wait to get there myself!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment