September 30, 2014

hi

:: Today was a sad day...we attended a funeral for a coworker's 15 year old son. They gave him a touching tribute, and we all wonder why God had this in his plan. But it IS God's plan and even though we won't ever understand, God understands. That is all that matters. My heart breaks for the mother (our coworker), and even for all his high school classmates who were taught by this single act that they are not immortal.

:: I squeezed in cardio this evening, with some arms/back exercises as well. I've lost about 2 pounds so far, and feel no different/better. I just feel very, very off.

:: I am about 60% done with The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling -- man, I am struggling a bit. The first 40%, I kept wondering why I should keep reading. I fought with myself about just stopping. I really am not a fan of stopping a book though. The only book I can remember NOT finishing is Les Mis (and that book sucked! I still gave it 500 pages, and was only halfway through!). So I kept on. The next 20% has picked up a bit, but I think it is maybe that I am just getting familiar with all the characters finally. There are a lot of different people, and I almost needed to make out a diagram to keep them all straight. I still can not say that the story line is all that intriguing, and coming from the mastermind of the Harry Potter series (which is one of my very faves, I'm not ashamed to admit!), it is a bit disappointing. But I hang on to the hope that she is going to unravel something incredible if I only see it through. So, see it through I will.

:: I have confirmation from hubby that we will be seeing Gone Girl this weekend!! Now THAT was a good book! The movie will hopefully be just as awesome! Has anyone read any of Gillian Flynn's other books? I would like to read more, but the synopsis on the back covers don't sound as spellbinding.

:: I asked this question on Facebook yesterday -- so I will ask you too -- who are your top 5 musical favorites??  Mine are Ed Sheeran, John Mayer, Sugarland, Justin Timberlake, and probably Carrie Underwood. Let me hear yours!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paul McCartney, Beatles, Moody Blues, John Denver, Mumford & Sons - seeing Ringo tomorrow night!
PTS

Post a Comment