October 27, 2014

stitch fix #1

I was so ridiculously excited to receive my Stitch Fix! If you are unsure of what this is, you can visit www.stitchfix.com for details!

My first Stitch Fix was scheduled to arrive while I was in San Diego -- but I was surprised and it arrived on the Saturday before I left! I got home from the crop at 6:00, and had to be somewhere at 7:00. Had dinner with friends, grocery shopped, packed, and left the next morning at 8:00. So, this was pretty rushed between my one hour gap of time and I apologize because the photos are unfortunately not the best quality. Rush rush rush! But you will get the idea :)

Upon opening the box, I saw a neat little bundle wrapped in tissue paper and closed with a Stitch Fix sticker. Pretty! My stylist sent along a personalized letter to me, along with wardrobe cards to show how each of my pieces could be styled in two different ways. Handy! She also sent a listing of each piece in the box with the price. (In setting up a profile, you select a price range for each type of clothing - tops, pants, jewelry...)
This was piece 1 of 5 -- The Ark n Co Noren Embroidered Sleeveless Top. There were good and bad things about this one. I love special detailing, and the front of this shirt was really beautiful. I also really loved the open back. BUT. In my profile, I specifically told the stylist that I do not look good in cream because my skin is so pale. So I am not sure why she would send a cream top. It was also way too see-through for me. It was also a little blocky on top, hitting my shoulders at an odd place making me look wide. This piece was a NO.
This was piece 2 of 5 -- The RD Style Vivianna Open-Draped Knit Cardigan. I was on the fence with this one. I really love cardigans. The fit was perfect. I liked the drape. The subtle black and white pattern would have gone with 80 percent of my clothes. I wasn't too fond of the white wrist cuffs or the white trim though. It drew too much attention to the drape, and the beginning of the drape was too high and hit at an odd place. My goal with Stitch Fix is to only purchase what I really LOVE. This one I liked, but did not love. For the price of it, I couldn't justify it. This piece was a NO.
This was piece 3 of 5 -- The Collective Concepts Esten Button Up Sleeveless Blouse. I knew this would be a no when I pulled it from the box. The color was pretty, but not necessarily one of my favorites. The shell was very basic, and not worth the price. My excitement over Stitch Fix is to be able to receive fun, different, unique clothing I can't find anywhere else. This did not fit that bill. This piece was a NO.
This was piece 4 of 5 -- The Market and Spruce Shara Houndstooth Printed Vest. In my profile, I had noted that I would love a lightweight houndstooth vest. They listened and did not disappoint! I was so excited when I saw this one, and I love it. It is the perfect weight (not too puffy), and the collar is perfect...I don't like chunky collars or hoods. The print is fun and the fit is absolutely right on. Loved it! This piece was a YES!
This was piece 5 of 5 -- The Just Black Adorra Ankle Length Skinny Jean. My grandma will be just as surprised as I was -- but these jeans fit PERFECTLY. How is that possible?? I have the most difficult time finding jeans that fit me. These jeans fit like they were made just for me. The waist was perfect with no gapping. The butt fit perfect. The length was perfect. I put them on and Chris said, "Well, you are definitely keeping THOSE!" So obviously, this piece was a YES!

This was so fun! I loved the anticipation of waiting to see what five pieces the stylist would send. I loved opening the box and going through everything. And even better, I love that there were a few pieces that I could keep! I will definitely do another Stitch Fix. Maybe every couple of months or so. Anything to keep me out of the mall :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the vest! PTS

Post a Comment