October 12, 2014

weird weekend

Hope you all had a great weekend!! Mine was interesting...

:: Friday evening, Chris ran after work. I waited for him in the comfy chairs, and did not work out. My stomach had felt a little off all day, so I didn't want to push it. Once he got cleaned up, we went and had dinner at Enchilada Express for the first time. It was really good -- but I could barely eat anything. My stomach was doing a weird clenching thing. Not nauseous, just cramping/clenching. Chris loved his Texas Tacos though!! Then we came home to relax.

:: Saturday, Chris ran 13.1 miles in the morning and then worked on the shop with Neeley for a bit. Meanwhile, I felt awful. My stomach hurt bad. The clenching would come in waves, and pretty much had me down most of the day. I did size some photos for awhile, and watched some of the Walking Dead marathon. I was able to get both book study readings done while in bed. Poppy laid with me all day long. It was pretty miserable. I took a bath, took a nap, and then Chris and I went to Target and to eat at a new burger place called Lucy's. It was really good, and I was actually able to eat most of it. Which was good, because I was starving! Still clenching though.

:: Sunday, we went to church, and then I went to the Walk-In Clinic because though the stomach clenching was gone, I had woken up with huge hives all over the back of my thighs. Tons of them. They didn't itch or hurt, but definitely weird. After waiting there for three hours, I finally got a steriod shot. She told me to put hydrocortizone cream on them, and take some Benedryl as well. As I write this now, it all seems to have cleared up. Very bizarre. She had no helpful hints as to what caused it unfortunately. Will be watching it.

:: Aspen is on her way home from work, and she offered to pick us up some dinner on her way. Girl making more money at Dillards is definitely feeling more giving :) We are all super excited because at 8:00 tonight, the season of The Walking Dead begins and we have waited oh so long!!!!!!!!!!

:: Aspen received some great news the other day at a work meeting with her manager. She was told that for all of this Dillards district (not just our store in Abilene), Aspen was #1 in sales!!!! After working there for only 4 weeks! Incredible, we are super proud of her. It is obviously a natural fit for her -- she is a big people person, and they said that though she is only part-time, she is making the full-time goals each day, and if she continues they are going to increase her pay to the full time pay! Go Aspen!!!!

:: Ok, time to wrap up a few things before we have dinner with Aspen and watch our show! Then another week begins!

(Oh -- and big time thank yous go out to my sweet hubby who helped me with the laundry and cleaning today, since I was out of pocket for three hours!!! He certainly eased my burden today and I love him so much!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment