December 29, 2014

Recap of 2014 Goals

We are in the final week of 2014...this year truly flew by. They just get faster and faster as I get older!

I wanted to check in on the progress made on the goals I set for 2014. I was successful and not so successful...all at the same time!

Mind -- My goal is to: schedule a weekly meeting with myself at work for proactive thinking; schedule time with Chris for a weekly Sunday life meeting; do a book study with Aspen on "Captivating"; and do a book study with Chris (book yet to be determined). Analysis: somewhat successful, for some of it. 1. The meetings with myself at work -- I did one at the beginning of the year and that was that. I just can't seem to find the time to make it happen. 2. Weekly Sunday meetings with Chris -- I'd say this happened about 20% of the time. We pack a lot into Sundays and it doesn't always happen. 3. Aspen and I worked on our Captivating book study -- we made it about 3/4 of the way through, before she started college and was hardly ever home. That made it difficult to find any time to finish it off. What we were able to do together was good, and I hope that she got something out of our time together. 4. The book study with Chris -- we were able to start this in November! We are reading "Now You're Speaking My Language" and it is going well. We set aside time on Sunday evenings, and we discuss a chapter. The author provides questions for us to answer, and an activity to do together. This will continue into 2015 and finish up there. So -- some progress made, but nothing too intense.
 
Body -- My goal is to: convert 100% to a clean eating diet. No ifs, ands or buts. Analysis: I was all over the place with this one in 2014. I had some very high moments and some very low moments. I was able to complete a total of THREE Whole30 rotations, which I am very proud about. That is 90 days (not all at once, but in 30 day increments) of intense healthy eating. Beyond that, I had about five months of normal, good healthy eating, and about 4 months of very poor eating (like now, for instance). Throughout this year, I reached my highest weight, and I was able to lose about 18 pounds. Then I gained some back. So -- here, there and everywhere. Not happy with how I am ending the year, but I am armed with good knowledge that I will carry over into 2015 and build upon.

Soul --
My goal is to: speak life to everyone I come into contact with; convert my thinking and speaking to positive and uplifting words; hold my tongue when needed; stop all gossip talk; understand the power of words. Analysis: This was a tall order. A bigger undertaking than I realized. It is so HARD to speak life. Especially when there are so many things in life that get in the way of a positive attitude. So, I did some speaking life, but overall it was not much improved. Also, the gossip was not much improved. But, I did increase my ability to hold my tongue when needed. Which, for me, is kind of a big deal. And I find that it has helped in many situations too. So I am proud of that and plan to continue on with it.

So I am really not too sure what to think of 2014. But, it is another year where I have focused on improving myself, no matter what the outcome. We must strive for growth. And now...on to 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment