March 16, 2015

:: Crazy whirlwind happening here...I think things may slow down sometime around September, at this rate!

:: Friday evening, Chris and I had dinner at Heff's -- another round in the Best Burger in Abilene contest he and his department are doing. It was tasty. Then we came home and relaxed!

:: Saturday morning, Chris did his long run (17 miles), and then we packed up and headed to Dallas for the weekend. When we arrived, we went straight to the Scuba Shop to pick up the gear that he needed to buy. He got a mask, a snorkel, boots and flippers. I don't know if that is the technical or correct name for any of it, but you get the idea :) From there, we checked in at our hotel, and then headed to dinner on Main Street Grapevine. We had never been there before, and we found a very nice restaurant. There was quite a wait, but we got lucky and a couple with reservations decided to leave. Yay! There was live music, and it was a great time. From there, we stopped at a winery shop and enjoyed some wine there before heading back to the hotel for the night.

:: Sunday, we had a relaxing morning, which was nice. Then we had sushi at Sushi Zen and did a little shopping at Grapevine Mills mall. I found a few goodies -- two tank tops, a shirt for work, a skirt and a dress from Loft, and some Sanuk shoes!

:: Chris dive certification class was from 5:00 - 9:30 pm. I dropped him off at the indoor pool, and then I headed to Whole Foods! I had a fun time there, and then proceeded to stop at a few places. Unfortunately, it was Sunday evening and everything closed at 6:00. So, I went back to the pool and did some reading while I waited. Chris had a great lesson in the pool, and we'll be doing it all again this coming weekend!

:: We didn't get home until about 1:00 am -- I was lucky enough to have the day off, but Chris wasn't able to swing that. He is leaving for San Francisco and will be gone Tuesday - Friday -- so he had to be in the office Monday to get some stuff in place. I took him in to work because I needed his truck. My car is still in the shop as they wait for the ordered part. Not sure if I mentioned the diagnosis here, but there is a connectivity issue between two parts.

:: I spent my Monday off doing the grocery list, doing the laundry, doing the grocery shopping, and making some food for the week -- egg/sausage muffins, vanilla almond butter, and cinnamon apple scones. Yum!

:: Tomorrow morning at 9:00, I will be having my annual physical done. They will be drawing blood so I am currently fasting from now until then. I will be a hungry girl tomorrow!!!!

:: Time to spend some last hours with Chris before he jets off -- more tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment