March 08, 2015

review of my 3rd stitch fix!

Hi all! My third Stitch Fix arrived on Saturday, and I was so excited to tear into it!!

If you will recall, I requested a piece of jewelry, a skirt, and something fun for my upcoming trip to Aruba. My stylist this time, Karly, did a fantastic job!!

(If you are curious about Stitch Fix, you can check it out here: www.stitchfix.com)...

I have to preface this -- my normal photographer isn't in town, so I had to resort to selfies in a mirror -- so please bear with me!! I did the best I could, but angles might be a bit weird.

Alright, let's go!

1. Romolo Austin Mini Spoon Drops Necklace Silver -- KEPT

I like this piece a lot -- it is different and fun! I will be able to wear it with a lot of different things, and it can be mid-length or longer. It also fits perfectly into the neckline of another piece that was sent, which is great styling on Karly's part!


2. Skies are Blue Kendra Knit Top in Black -- RETURNED

I didn't like this top out of the box -- the fabric feels like a cheaper cotton, and it was a big lent collector. The stitching was a very nice touch, but again, these are not my colors. I do NOT like burgundy, and the cream and navy combined with it weren't doing it for me. It was dark and ho hum. I prefer bright! It fit better than I expected, but it was a definite no for me. The price was also too high for the cheap feel.


3. Gilli Sina V-Neck Printed Maxi Dress Navy - KEPT

This dress fits great! The top is a silky cotton in navy blue and I love that the v-neck is modest. (And look how nicely that necklace falls into it!) The bottom is flowy and I love the fit. The pattern and colors are a little different for me, but I am feeling it! The length is perfect for sandals or heels. I can dress it up or down. Very excited to wear this in Aruba!


4. Just USA Anjuli Dark Wash Denim Jacket -- KEPT

I already own a denim jacket, and I am quite fond of it -- it has a different cut, more like a blazer. When I saw that Karly had sent this jacket, I was kind of bummed (since I already have one). But I loved this one and couldn't pass it up! It is more modern than the one I own, and I love the wash. It fits perfectly. I had to keep this basic!


5. Pixley June Polka Dot Skirt Navy -- RETURNED

I was excited about this one when I saw it in the box!! Double win - I love pencil skirts and I love polka dots! It looked kind of small, and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to zip it. Surprisingly, it zipped right up -- however, it was pretty snug, and that caused some major puckering in the front which is never flattering. This was a Small, and I think that the Medium would be too big. So, sadly this was a no. It's interesting to me -- I posted this on Instagram, and all of the comments were that the polka dot looked "old lady"...that surprised me. I liked it! (I am NOT an old lady!)


So, this was a very successful fix for me! I ended up keeping three pieces, the most yet (I kept two each from my previous two fixes!).

I also really appreciate that Karly made every effort to meet my requests...and it is obvious that she checked out my Pinterest board because pencil skirts and polka dots are abundant there! Great job Karly!

I had $50 in credit to use on this fix, so that made me super happy too! I love Stitch Fix!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Polka dots are not old lady...
love the dress as well.
PTS

Post a Comment