June 21, 2015

Happy Father's Day!


:: This guy right here is such an amazing man! He leads our family and I couldn't imagine life without him! Happy Father's Day Chris! I love you!!

:: The weekend is drawing to a close, and I feel like it was fast and furious! It was a packed weekend, but there was a lot of fun involved!

:: Friday evening after work, Chris and I enjoyed dinner at Miguels and then headed to The Mill. We had a group of about 30 from our office there, and it was a fun evening! We rented a silo, and we were all able to sit together. Fun times! We stayed there until they closed at midnight, and then stopped at Taco Bueno on the way home with a few friends...it was about 1:00 when I finally crawled into bed!

:: Saturday morning, Chris and I went to the farmer's market to get some goodies! Lucky me though, we didn't have to buy nearly as much as planned because we were able to stop by Kim's house to get a huge bounty there! They left for their week-long cruise and didn't want their veggies to go to waste from their awesome garden! Potatoes, onions, tomatoes, greenbeans from their garden, and cucumbers, grassfed beef/pork/eggs from the farmer's market. Yay!! My menu for the week is revolving around all this goodness!


:: While we were at Kim's, we took the opportunity to check on their new pup Molly...she is soooo sweet, Chris enjoyed meeting her! She is the most laid back puppy I've ever met!


:: While we were out, we drove by this field -- there are seven mamma horses and seven baby horses altogether here. It was so sweet to see! Each baby was right next to their mamma, and they were frolicking too. Loved it!


:: I've been in a mood lately where I am getting tired of my straight, flat hair...so I talked with my hairdresser Kasi about how to work with my natural wave. She gave me a few tips, and I tried them on Saturday -- I was actually pleased with the results, and wore it down and wavy all day! Her tips: while wet, do not comb...just use fingers and then add curl enhancer spray. From there, use a diffuser to dry it. So, both were good tips. I had to do a bit more work from there to get it to lay right, which included wearing the top section in a clip for awhile. Chris seemed to really like it so I will need to continue working on it this week!!


:: While we were downtown for the farmer's market, I spotted this chartreuse door that I had never seen before...and Chris was kind enough to let me snap a few photos!! :) He's good like that! Love this one...

:: Saturday evening, Chris and I had dinner at Chili's and then looked around the bookstore for awhile. When we got home, I watched Divergent while I worked on finishing up my scrapbook job, and then I joined him in the theater room to watch Fault in Our Stars...I am about 98% done with the albums and should be able to have them ready for her on Tuesday!!

:: Sunday, after church, I did laundry and then had a lot of prep work. I prepared a beef stew for the meal swap this week, and then I prepared everything for dinner with Nadene and Jon this evening. They are coming over around 5:00 for dinner and fun!

:: The week ahead -- busy!! Tuesday is book club at my house, and Chris is going to the Rangers game. And then over the weekend, we have two departmental parties! More to come on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment