September 17, 2015

Better Day

:: Today was a muuuuuuccccccchhhhhhh better day...thank you God!

:: First things first! Today is my sweet mom's birthday!! It sounds like she had a good day, and she was also having dinner at PF Changs with a friend...jealous! My mom is sweet and sassy and smart and loving and amazing -- I was so blessed by God when he made her my mother.

:: I made a delicious dinner tonight! I cooked some hamburgers in olive oil and ghee, and roasted sweet potatoes and yellow squash. I'm excited for the leftovers tomorrow for lunch! Day 4 went really well!

:: I was reading in my Jesus Calling devotional this evening, and oh my...the author may as well have started it off with "Dear Kelley..."

You will not find my peace by engaging in excessive planning: attempting to control what will happen to you in the future. That is a commonly practiced form of unbelief. When your mind spins multiple plans, peace may sometimes seem to be within your grasp; yet it always eludes you. Just when you think you have prepared for all possibilities, something unexpected pops up and throws things into confusion.

I did not design the human mind to figure out the future. That is beyond your capability. I crafted your mind for continual communication with me. Bring me all your needs, your hopes and fears. Commit everything into my care. Turn from the path of planning to the path of peace.

I'm such a planner but what I really long for is peace. It always eludes me. Always.

:: We're going to stay in tomorrow evening instead of eating out, so that Chris and Neeley can get the cement poured. I think my plan for the evening will be to finally watch Frozen...I've tried a few times but the Blu Ray didn't work in our player. Vanessa let me borrow her dvd, so hopefully it will work. I am not really into the animated movies, but I'd like to see what the fuss is all about this one! Big Friday night plans, woo hoo! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment