September 02, 2015

Bits (& Thank Goodness for Wine!)

Today wasn't my favorite...so I come to you with a list of random bits!

:: Today is Wine Wednesday, THANK goodness...after my day, I needed to pop open a bottle! I decided on V Sattui Napa Moscato, and I forgot just how fantastically delicious this stuff is...give me a straw please! Ready to pour my second glass.

:: Next up for September Book Club -- The Kite Runner -- I'm looking forward to reading this one! It is older (from 2004 I believe), but it has been on my to-read list for awhile. I may get started on it this evening. Kim is our next hostess, and so this is her pick...good one Kim!

:: Speaking of books -- my other friend Kim discovered a pretty cool website for cheap books! Check out Thrift Books if you are interested. Any order over $10 has free shipping, and she bought four books for $14.95! They are used books, but as long as they are not old library books, I'm fine ;) She told me this after I had purchased the new book on my Kindle...so I will test it out next month!

:: I am working on a memory verse currently -- Galatians 5:22 which covers the Fruit of the Spirit. Much needed right now! In random conversations throughout last week, this verse was mentioned by different people a few times. I often find that is how God is trying to get my attention. So, I'm studying it right now.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control.

:: Last night was bunko, hosted at our house! We had four players total, so it was a cozy group. I don't mind the small groups at all, and when we don't have enough to play bunko, we are free to play whatever we wish! Lately that has been farkle, but Allison brought a cute little game called "Hey That's My Fish" and we played four rounds of that. It ended up being pretty fun, actually! It was a nice evening with the girls. I made stew, and the girls brought cornbread, salad, and apples...

:: I sewed a button on one of Chris' work shirts :) That's big for me! The dry cleaner had busted it in half, so I whipped out my trusty thread and worked my magic. Ha ha! Well, I got the job done at least. That's all that matters. :) Give me credit for not throwing the shirt away!

:: My Mom and Randy are currently lounging on a beach in Gulf Shores, living the life! I hope they are having an amazing time!! And while they are away, their sweet dog Roxy is living the life Dog Sitter Extraordinaire Dronda Louise! Lucky pup!

:: Time for more wine, possibly some reading but most likely some Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment