September 29, 2015

My Random Thoughts


:: Isn't Poppy the cutest?? :) Well, she is yes -- but this photo is NOT of Poppy! Looking around Instagram last night, I discovered Poppy's twin! It is really quite uncanny how strong the resemblance is. This dog's name is Rad and I can't tell if it is a girl or a boy...but they are identical! Wonder how their personalities would match up? Is Rad as anti-social? Is Rad as sweet and cuddly? Crazy world we live in.

:: Tonight is book club and I am looking forward to discussing The Kite Runner...I think there will be a lot of good conversation on this one! Looking forward to the time with the girls. We are having a taco pile up and everyone is bringing a little something to add to it. I'm armed with my sliced olives and my cilantro lime rice! I should be able to eat about half the stuff there. I'm dropping Chris off to run home, dropping the dry cleaning off, and then heading on to Kim's!

:: For my snack today, I had some delicious macadamia nuts mixed with raisins. Tasty! Whole30 is going great!

:: Last night, I watched just a little of Dancing with the Stars...that isn't really one of my faves, but I heard that Bindi Erwin is on this season so I wanted to check her out! She is Steve Erwin's daughter, and she is all grown up! She is a cutie, and seems so sweet. Hope she goes far!

:: Work was good today -- I actually got to work ahead on a few things...that rarely ever happens anymore!

:: This coming weekend, I am going to try my hand at making ghee. Fingers crossed! Ghee is a clarified butter and is a delicious, healthy fat. The milk solids and impurities are removed. Some benefits include a high smoke point, it doesn't need refrigeration, great buttery taste without dairy,  it's anti-imflamatory and fights cancer. Win! I'm watching a You Tube video on the process of making it. More to come on that!


No comments:

Post a Comment