December 07, 2015

St. Louis Post #4

Wednesday 11/25 and Thursday 11/26

On Wednesday, my mom had the day off work! The four of us had big big plans...we were going to check out the Ikea!! We made a pit stop at Menards first, and then we enjoyed a delicious lunch at P.F. Changs -- so so yum!!

Then we headed downtown to the new store. None of us had ever been to an Ikea before, so we were prepared for the full experience!!

The place was HUGE!!!! Here I am, very excited before we went inside!
We made our way through the three floors...the floor that had all of the displays and then the floors of shopping and the warehouse. Such neat stuff!! Mom and Randy found some goodies, and I found a few cheap kitchen towels and a little loose tea pot. I also found this cart! Have been wanting one of these carts for my scrapbooking!

After checking out, it was time to try out some of their famous $1.00 cinnamon rolls!!

Quite delish! I truly enjoyed this yummy treat!
We stopped and had Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner...then home for Mom to make her famous pumpkin pie for the next day's festivities!

On Thursday, it was time for Thanksgiving!!! First thing in the morning, Chris and I headed to Chesterfield Mall so he could run the Annual Turkey Trot!! There was a great turnout, and Chris had a great run! He did the 5k in 19:46! He came in third in his age group :)

Pre-race stretching in this beautiful scenery!
Pre-race, waiting to run! My hubby is such a stud!
He looks quite strong during his run! He has made such a fantastic
recovery after his hernia/sports hernia surgery a few months ago!
The finish was a bit of a downhill sprint! He was hauling bootie!!
A great start to the holiday! Then we headed home for Thanksgiving with my family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment