February 21, 2016

Weekend Recap

:: Our weekend was pretty full - but good! Hope yours was too!

:: Friday evening, Chris ran a few miles and then we headed to dinner at Chile's -- we had a gift card! That was yummy, and then we picked up some healthy popcorn and went to Jon and Nadene's for movie night! They were dog sitting for Nadene's parent's puppy, Venti -- she was so so cute!!! We enjoyed playing with her and letting her love on us :) She's tiny and full of spunk! We talked and caught up for a bit, and then watched The Martian with Matt Damon. It was good, but not as good as the hype led me to believe!


:: Saturday morning, Chris and Kiki ran 16 miles and then I made delicious gluten-free pancakes for breakfast. Afterwards, Neeley came over and the boys worked on things in the yard most of the day. I worked on some random things, including planning for my upcoming Mother/Daughter trip to San Antonio with my mom!!! This weekend I was able to reserve the hotel and the flights for her. Now to finetune with the details for each day :) Can't wait, it's going to be such a nice week with her!!!

:: Saturday evening, Chris and I went to Rescue the Animals "Fur Ball" at the Civic Center with Kim and Gary, and Mimi! That was a fun experience, our first time. I'll do a full post on that one night this week!

:: Sunday church was great -- the sermon was good, and at the end he asked for anyone feeling like they need "peace" to hold their hand up. I did, and then he had people reach out and put their hands on those with their hands up while he prayed. I must say, that was pretty powerful. Then...a day of chores. Grocery shopping, laundry, cleaning the house. I'm making chili for dinner, and then we'll be watching The Walking Dead!!!

:: I also need to do some speed reading on my book club book -- I'm only about halfway through, and our book club is this coming Thursday! I've been slow on this one. Not sure if I'll be able to get it done, but will try my best!

:: The next five days are the last five of The Daniel Plan! Friday is Day 40 -- the last day. I bought myself a celebratory treat to enjoy over the weekend -- Alter Eco Dark Salted Brown Butter 70% chocolate -- my very fave. I can't wait! It has been a good detox. We are are doing our final weigh ins this coming week, and I don't expect to see a lot of difference in the number on the scale. However...my allergies are doing GREAT. My clothes are all fitting perfectly, even the Stitch Fix dress I kept a few times ago that was tight -- it is loose and perfect now! So, I know I've lost inches, even if I haven't lost pounds. I've got about a month and a half to tighten and tone everything up before we head to Cancun in April! Our luncheon is Friday, and I am excited to see who the top two winning teams are! Not sure it will be my team, but I am proud of my teammates!

::Stitch Fix Review coming up this week as well!!!

:: Have a great week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment