April 28, 2016

My 40th Birthday!

So...it was bound to happen :) The time has come for me to leave my 30s and enter my 40s...and I am totally fine with that! Age is just a number, and from everything I've heard, everyone really enjoys their 40s. So let the fun begin!

The plan was to do my birthday dinner on Friday at Brick Oven Pizza, my fave -- only I forgot to mention it to Mimi and so when we arrived home from work to pick her up, she was in her pajamas...whoops! Communication is the key to life! :) So, Chris and I just headed out to a normal dinner, and we decided to do birthday dinner on Saturday evening. Chris and I went to Miguels and had a yummy meal together. Then we decided to go to the driving range on a whim and that was a ton of fun! I'll post more on that later...

Saturday, I prepped a lot of vacation blog posts for the upcoming week, and then we all spent some relaxing time out by the pool! It isn't exactly warm yet, but we had our feet in and it is getting warmer! Soon! We also put the dogs in for the first time! More on that later too!

Saturday evening, the three of us enjoyed my birthday dinner at Brick Oven and it was yum yum yum!!!! Then we headed home and I was surprised by a visit from our friends RosaLee and Zack...they brought me a batch of homemade cinnamon rolls that are to die for! It was so very thoughtful of them!

Sunday, my actual birthday, we woke up and Chris prepared breakfast for me! A yummy cinnamon roll, a cup of tea, a beautiful rose from our garden, and a card with an Amazon gift card! So sweet! He even played with my hair a bit, which I love! After breakfast, I was told that I needed to get all of my laundry and grocery shopping done by 1:30 because the rest of the day was booked. Hmmm...ok....I got everything done that I could, and then we got ready. Chris told me that I needed to dress "super cute"...and that he was going to match me! Then we got in the car and drove, pulling up a bit later to an unknown church. Then I saw our friend Kelly G...he is an amazing photographer and I knew then that we were going to do a photo shoot to commemorate my 40th!! Yippie!!!

Kelly did a great job and I can't wait to see what he came up with!! He sent us one preview photo, and that is below -- it is so gorgeous, love it!!! Once we wrapped up our shoot, we headed home. As we turned the corner to our house, there was a group of people holding balloons, standing in our front yard!!! Lots of my sweet friends!

Chris let me out of the car and I went to hug everyone! And then they all let their balloons go and they flew off...just like my youth ha ha!! We went inside, and it was beautifully decorated! My bestie Kim and Kim Kent planned a beautiful party for me with so many wonderful details and a lot of delicious food!

Attendees: Kim, Gary, and Kelsey; Kyle and Kelsey; Shaylee and Austin; Kathy; Nadene; Kim K.; Shelby and Taylor; Kiki and Blaise; Mimi; Chris!

Food: Brick Oven Pizza (ha!!); salad; heart shaped brownies; lots of different chips/dips; lots of different cookies; queso; yogurt pretzels; tea and lemonade and drinks! And ice cream cake!! I am probably missing some things, but I was so excited I barely ate. Now I wish I had had one of those heart shaped brownies and some queso!!!

Gifts: Two pair of earrings and a special charm bracelet; photo shoot with Kelly G; Willow Creek angel; home decorations, including a handmade sign by Shaylee; gift cards; more Pioneer Woman dishes and salt/pepper shakers; a journal; Baileys; and a handmade book of 40 Notes from 40ish Friends that Kim made! I'll do a whole post next about what Chris' gift was!!!

Decorations: A huge 4-0 made out of tissue paper flowers. A "40 Rocks" Pop Rocks candy bouquet. Turquoise gerber daisy bouquets. Huge tissue paper flowers. A garland of little 40s around our light fixture. A big turquoise K for everyone to sign. Napkins with Happy Birthday stamped on them. And a burlap garland that said Happy 40th Birthday! Everything was just perfect and so creative!!!

We ate and sat outside around the pool and laughed and talked and opened gifts and had ice cream cake! It was a really fun evening with some really fun, awesome friends! I am one very blessed girl! Sometimes, in all honestly, I feel like I am much too blessed! Life is good! I am not entirely fond of being the center of attention, so I was a little stressed about it all at first...when an event is "for you" you have to be sure to make the rounds and give everyone equal time, etc. You're the guest of honor!! I much prefer entertaining when that is not the case...but it was better than I expected ha!

Thank you to all the wonderful people in my life! I have so many! It doesn't seem fair! :)

A few 40th birthday portraits
I think Mr. Baber is pretty funny sometimes :)
Me and my wonderful hubby
Me with the Shanans and the delicious cinnamon rolls!! Mmm!
A preview of our fun photo shoot with Kelly G.!! Can't wait to see the rest!!
The chalkboard at work, all about moi!
After our photo shoot, we came around the corner and this is what I saw!
Greeting everyone when we arrived!
Love this awesome, beautiful banner!
Me and my birthday crown, thanks Mom!!
This amazing book is full of so many touching, loving words!
The handmade 40 made of tissue paper flowers!

What a wonderful, heartwarming day!! 40 is off to an amazing start thanks to these incredible people!! Thank you everyone for loving me so well!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment