May 31, 2016

Meal Prep Lesson

Today it was back to reality -- no more Donkeyville!

Thankfully, it was fairly quiet at the end of last week, so there was not a lot for me to catch up on. I went through my emails pretty quickly, and then set about marking things off my to-do list. It was an ok day...

After work, I did a quick workout and then headed over to a friend's house to witness her meal prep process. It was incredible!

Basically, she spends about two hours every other week prepping meals that last them two weeks. She spends about $150 to do so. That right there gets my attention!

She plans meals that utilize similar ingredients so that she doesn't have waste. She cooks multiple recipes and stores it all in awesome meal prep containers. The main dish and a side. They end up with meals for two weeks including breakfast, lunch and dinner. They freeze most, and pull out what they want for the next day.

She made some delicious looking stuff tonight that I also want to try -- some stuffed pasta shells, and an asparagus/grape salad. Mmm! Also a parmesan chicken. Lots of yummyness! Now my wheels are turning and I want to give this a try. It will probably take me 6 hours!!! But I am determined. I'll keep you posted!

Beyond that, I arrived home and ate a quick, easy dinner, and now here I am. Time to relax. I'm exhausted from watching them cook all that food!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment