September 17, 2017

A Wedding Weekend

We had a wonderful weekend away! We traveled a little over three hours to Salado, TX for my cousin, Raychel's, wedding. She and Chris got married one year ago, in a quick justice of the peace ceremony -- then almost immediately moved to Texas with the military! So this was their big celebration, and they had a lot of friends and family who flew in for it from Virginia and Massachusetts.

I am so excited that we were able to attend! It was a beautiful (hot) day, and it was good to spend some time with this part of my family that we don't get to see very often. Raychel was a beautiful bride, and we enjoyed dancing the night away! I posted some photos over on my Instagram and Facebook accounts, if you'd like to take a look!

We stayed at the wedding venue, which was Inn on the Creek -- it was a really neat place, so well-thought-out. There are some photos of that, as well!

It was so good to get away...and tomorrow it is back to the grindstone. I have one team member who is out on her 30 day Sabbatical, and another (who is the one filling in for her) who will be out Monday and Tuesday for his grandma's funeral. So the next two days could be a bit taxing for me. I will most likely be working late both days. Please say a little prayer for me!

My grandma had surgery last week, and is recovery mode now...she is doing well so far!! I talked to my grandpa today, and he is lonely while she is at the hospital. Hopefully she will be able to go home soon!

I finished my book club book -- The Light Between Oceans. It was very well-written but the story took some odd turns that were different. I didn't like some of the main characters. I'm glad I read it, but was happy, too, when it was done. Now we are reading a book that I picked -- The Sinner. Hopefully it is good!

Okay, time for me to relax a bit before my crazy week...

No comments:

Post a Comment