September 15, 2017

Nearly a Month

Hello, stranger!

It's been nearly a month since I've last posted...it is quite possible I don't have any readers anymore! But, I shall continue posting...for me, if nothing else!

A lot has been happening over the past month! And we just this week, finally, got internet access at our new place...FINALLY!

:: We are now all settled in to our new home, and I personally love it! It's small and has taken some adjustments, yes. But, I am quite happy with our decision and it is starting to feel like home.

:: I'm getting my allergy shot every Wednesday after work, and I feel like it has helped immensely! Which is great! I still get affected by the random changes in weather, etc...but overall, my quality of life has greatly improved. Thankfully!

:: On 8/25, we went to Cypress Street for a wine dinner with Jon and Nadene...that was so fun! There were multiple courses, and each one was paired with a different wine. It was delicious food and good company with our dear friends. Afterwards, we walked across the street for coffee at Monks. Love our time with them...and thanks to Nadene for inviting us, this is how she wanted to celebrate her birthday!

:: My sweet grandma has been in and out of the hospital with intestine issues...currently she is still in, and just went through a major surgery today. After a colonoscopy, they discovered a tumor that was causing issues and needed to be removed...so that is what they did today. Big prayers for a speedy recovery for her!

:: We had to take Poppy in to the vet, to have her nails cut. Chris accidentally cut her nail too short awhile back, and since then she won't allow us to come near her nails. So, they sedated her and lasered them very short. She's a very stubborn girl. Speaking of the pups, they are adjusting well to our new life! Except today, Poppy decided to jump down the stairs to outside and I thought she might have broken a bone...but all is good there, thankfully!

:: We spent a weekend in Fredericksburg in early September -- we had not been since the previous October -- almost a year, and that is crazy for us! We always go multiple times, since it is our favorite place. We went with our friends Julie and Dustin, and had a great time! It was some good relaxing time together.

:: We attended the wedding of a nice young guy who use to work at Passare with Chris...it was a beautiful celebration with a lot of unique touches. It is wedding season for us...we have another one this weekend, and then another in October!

:: The wedding this coming weekend is for my sweet cousin, Raychel! She and her husband, Chris, got married a year ago so she could move with him and the military...and now they are having their big ceremony and reception for their first anniversary! Looking forward to seeing my family and meeting some others!

So, there is a recap and a little catchup! I will try to post more often now that we have wifi!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Readers are here! PTS

Post a Comment