December 31, 2017

New Year's Eve

Happy New Year's Eve to you! I hope you are staying warm and safe...it is very, very cold here. 18 degrees and icy. The town has pretty much shut down, and everyone is staying snuggled up in their homes. I think it will put a damper on a lot of people's New Years Eve plans, but I am happy to ring in the New Year right where I am!

In our little home, our propane heater isn't working. Chris has had a few conversations with the dealership with troubleshooting, but nothing has been solved yet. We have our electric fireplace and two ceramic electric heaters. So we are quite cozy actually. For now, this is working fine.

In anticipation of the ice, we did the grocery shopping yesterday. So we are set for the week. I also did all of our laundry, so today has been a fun day with no chores. Chris did a 90 minute bike trainer ride and I've been scrapbooking. We've been watching movies and just relaxing. So, so nice.

I was hoping to eat some delicious Wing Stop tonight, as my "last hurrah" before starting the New Year and my next Whole 30. Butttttttt looks like this dang ice is going to prevent us from getting in to  town for that unfortunately. So I'll make some pasta that we've got here, and that will have to be it.

Tomorrow, I'll be getting back onto the wagon...wish me luck!

Not sure what else New Year's Day will hold...we shall see. Looking forward to the day off. And really hoping the ice is gone before we have to go back to work on Tuesday!!

Happy New Year's, everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment