January 01, 2018

2018 is Here!

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope that 2018 is off to a great start for you!

We had a quiet New Year's Eve...Abilene is super cold (in the teens) and the roads were icy. The police department advised everyone to stay home if possible, so we did just that. We watched movies all day (some good and some not so good), Chris worked out on the trainer, I scrapbooked, and we watched the ball drop in New York. I did some reading in my new book, Wonder...I'm really enjoying the story and love the main character. Looking forward to seeing where the book goes.

I unfortunately didn't get my customary Wing Stop Last Hurrah dinner last night, due to the icy roads. But that's ok. The Whole30 has started this morning and I'm off to a good start!

We do have a bit of cabin fever...especially Chris, who was off all last week and spent a lot of time at home. He is itching to move. I hear the roads are okay now, so maybe we will get out a bit this afternoon.

My Kindle First book selections are out, and I need to go pick my new one! I also had a free selection at the Book of the Month site, so I picked that out, too. Yes, I am a book nerd :) I also bought the latest Harry Potter book with a gift card from Target. I had debated for a long time whether I wanted to read this one, since it is written in play format. Finally I think I do...we'll see how that goes!

I plan to enjoy my day off today! Then back to work tomorrow and also to a hair appointment. Much needed, those grays are really shining right now!

Hope you all enjoy your holiday!! And here's to a GOOD 2018 for us all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment