July 20, 2008

so so excited

I am sure I have mentioned this many times, but lately I have been feeling a real pull to cut out processed foods in my diet. To make some major changes in the way that I eat. I just haven't been sure how to go about it.

I stumbled upon the Raw Diet, and it seems a little too extreme for me. Then, last night at Books-a-Million, I found this book:



I decided to buy the book. And I'm so glad that I did. I've read quite a bit of it already, and I have to say this. I AM EXCITED. Everything I'm reading is everything I've been wanting to do without knowing how. It's like this book was written just for me.

It also excited me that some of the changes I've already made are RIGHT. But not 100% right. Almost every morning for the past month or so, I have been having oatmeal and fresh berries for breakfast. And that is what she specifically listed as being one of the best breakfasts you can eat. However, my breakfasts are missing protein, and as I read more, I will determine how to add that.

She says the healthiest combo that you need to be eating at every meal is complex carbs and protein. I have a lot to learn, but I am excited. My fridge is packed right now with a lot more fruits and veggies to tie me over until I finish the book. Will do a little "transition" phase as I continue reading and learning.

Sometimes, it's a little uncanny how you find the stuff you need...

[please continue scrolling down...I have posted a lot this weekend!! Layouts below...]

2 comments:

Ashley Beth said...

You are the most creative person I know! All of your scrapbook pages are amazing. I love it when you post them. Thanks for sharing them!

Kim :) said...

It sounds like this book was indeed made for you. I'm glad you've found a book that you are enjoying and are learning from!

Post a Comment