August 12, 2008

quote

"You need to have a plan with a few escape hatches in it if you are going to make it. Plan to train, plan to eat, plan to be human, and plan to live. It's more doable than any other kind of plan over the long term."

Thus said Gunnar Peterson in his column in the Clean Eating magazine. And it really resonated with me today when I read it.

To me, this means that 95% of the time I'm going to make clean eating choices. The other 5% is saved for those occasions when there's something that I LOVE. I mean really love. Like:

Cookie dough blizzards
Movie theater popcorn
Ice cream
Homemade mac and cheese
Homemade mashed potatoes
Ice cream cake for my birthday
Baked Lays

You get the point. Plan to be human.

Chocolate would have been on the list, if I had made it before I started. But I realized the other day that I am 23 days into this adventure, and I have had chocolate one single time. That was the homemade chocolate ice cream I enjoyed at our delicious anniversary dinner out. And I think I enjoyed that so much because it was ice cream, not because it was chocolate. I never in a million years would have guessed that about myself. I was a serious chocolate addict. Sugar in general, I guess. Right Laura?? She can attest to the fact that all day long at work, I was nibbling on some kind of candy.

You'd be totally amazed at how sweet fruit is, now that I've stopped eating processed sugar.

I'm sure most of you are sick to death of clean eating by now, but I had to share that quote :)

2 comments:

Ashley Beth said...

great quote. my books were ordered today (and the magazine). i'm about to hit the website & blog.

this is almost exactly what i was doing for a year, but i haven't had any direction, so i was going at it blindly.

thanks SO MUCH for the inspiration and new information!

also, i never found out what wines you ended up enjoying!

Anonymous said...

From one chocolate lover to another...you can do without chocolate and still be great!

PTS

Post a Comment