August 10, 2008

monday on the horizon

:: Taught Aspen how to do laundry today...so she'll be washing her own clothes from now on. Weeee! After going into her room today to get her dirty clothes (she was over at a friend's), I discovered practically her whole closet on her floor...and I wasn't about to gather it all up. So Chris and I chatted and determined that yes, it is time for her to take it on herself. And so, if she wants to throw her clothes on her floor, she's welcome to it. :)

:: My fingernails are painted a blueish/green...reminds me of a mermaid...very pretty...

:: This coming Saturday is the crop...I'm looking forward to it. Have a few planned layouts still to complete so will work on those. I'm going to make a delicious trifle full of clean eating goodness...

:: Friday evening, we will be going to a Pool Party with the track team Aspen has been training with all summer. Should be an okay time. I'll be taking brownies to share (and no, won't be eating any of them...)

:: Tomorrow night, I am heading to the movies with my co-workers. The entire department is taking our friend Susie out for her birthday. Her husband was the one that passed away a few weeks ago, and this birthday will be difficult for her...we're going to see "Get Smart", her choice.

:: I have 20 pages done in the Ellery album...

:: We're enjoying the Olympics so far...I always like the gymnastics, and Chris is ready for the running.

:: I find that Clean Eating is a bit more difficult on the weekends, but I'm still doing pretty darn good. During the week, I can be quite regimented and the snacks are packed, and all flows smoothly. The weekend is a bit more relaxed and we do eat out both nights. So that makes it a little more difficult. Friday night was my "Treat Night" of the week, and in honor of that we enjoyed some lemon pepper wings at Wing Stop. Wings, fries, and sweet tea. Tasted delicious, but man my stomach didn't agree afterwards! Saturday, I had a bit of chips and queso before my grilled chicken salad arrived. Not as much as normal though. I also chose to enjoy a blueberry muffin. And a few Baked Lays...that is the first real "processed" food I've had since I've begun Clean Eating. Beyond treat night, I didn't really do too badly, I don't guess. I am very proud of myself and how I have completely changed my eating habits. 95% of the time I am making good clean eating choices. And I'm not really even missing anything. Twenty one days into this, and I am doing great. I feel great. I feel more energetic. I'm not falling asleep on my keyboard at work at 3:00 pm. I am so so happy with all of this.

Well, time for a snack, and a little scrapbooking...there's another weekend post below...

5 comments:

Susan said...

You are doing so well with your eating! I am so proud of you for making this change! Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog. I am glad every day that we are friends! Oh, tell Chris..my friend Blake from high school is running the women's marathon on Wednesday...she hoping to make the top 15!

Laura Isel said...

I agree with your friend Susan that you are doing so well with the Clean Eating. I, to have been doing well. I feel a change already with the way I feel. Not as tired and full of energy. That is awesome that you guys are taking Susie out for her birthday. Please tell her I said hello. Miss you all bunches.

Jackie said...

I can't wait until the girls are old enough to do laundry. I think that will be one of their main chores...doing the laundry!

I AM going to finish that book, hopefully tomorrow. I'm ready to start feeling better myself.

Is Susie the same one we went on the cruise with? Anyone losing their spouse is awful, but it makes it seem even worse when it's someone I've met (I think?).

Kim :) said...

I say good for you on teaching Aspen how to do her own laundry! Kelsey can do it, but I don't make her do it all the time. Perhaps the time is coming near that I do!

Great job on your clean eating! You are doing a fantastic job with it!

The movie night for Susie's birthday sounds very nice. That's a great idea for you all to do for her since her husband is not here to celebrate with her. :(

We are enjoying the Olympics also! Love the feeling I get when I watch them.

Ashley Beth said...

we are back from Chicago & I'm ready to start the clean eating book! Quick question, is is vegetarian compatible? I don't eat meat, so I'm hoping it will be an easy transition! You've been doing such a great job...what an inspiration you've been to getting back on track after vacation! Keep up the great work!

Post a Comment