July 14, 2015

Stitch Fix #6

I was very excited to receive my 6th Stitch Fix!! I love this service!

For this fix, I requested the following:

: A bright colored tote/purse
: A midi skirt (a full skirt that goes to the knees) in a bright color
: Something in kelly green (my favorite color)
: To be styled by Kallie

Upon opening my box and doing the initial look-through, I was so pleased! I liked the looks of everything! That hasn't happened yet, so that was great! It was all so bright and cheerful and colorful! So then it was simply a matter of trying everything on to determine what to keep. Let's get started!!

Urban Expressions -- Elisha Zipper Accent Structured Satchel

Urban Expressions -- Elisha Zipper Accent Structured Satchel -- Coral -- $58.00
Oh I love this bag!! I had pinned this exact bag on Pinterest, but in a shade of delicious turquoise. That bag, apparently, is THE hot item because it is always out of stock! As Kallie said in her note, "The turquoise bag has eluded us again!!" Kallie sent me the same bag, but in a yummy, bright coral color. And I am digging it! It is a pretty large bag, and the straps are just long enough to go over the shoulder when needed (which is what I like). The inside lining is a very navy blue/white pattern.

VERDICT -- KEEPING!! LOVE!!

Skies are Blue -- Scribe Ruffle Front Blouse

Skies are Blue -- Scribe Ruffle Front Blouse -- Green -- $48.00
I love this color! It is spot on as my favorite hue for sure. The shirt itself though has me on the fence. I prefer patterns over solids, but the lace backing is cute. The ruffle in front is ok, but lays a little weird on me. The shirt fit perfectly overall, size-wise. The fabric is polyester, but feels kind of silky.

VERDICT -- RETURNED

Brixon Ivy -- Fallon Dress

Brixon Ivy -- Fallon Dress -- Blue -- $58.00
The fabric of this dress is silky and thin...really beautiful! It is see-through, however, and isn't lined. So it definitely requires some kind of full slip (which I don't have). This photo doesn't really do it much justice, as I am currently up on my weight. If I was back where I used to be/want to be, the dress would hang better on me. Currently it is tight across the breasts, pulling the button and stretching across my back. I'm working to get back to my goal weight, and so I think I will keep this one. It can be worn as a dress, or even with leggings and a jean jacket in the winter maybe. Chris' reaction was, "Well no way are you sending that one back!" If hubby likes it, it's a go!

VERDICT -- KEEPING!!

Renee C -- Napson Lace Panel Blouse

Renee C -- Napson Lace Panel Blouse -- Fuchsia -- $48.00
I really, really love this tank!! Sadly, just not on me :( I had this exact top pinned on Pinterest, because I love the colors a lot. I didn't realize there was quite the exaggerated high/low difference between the front and back, and that look doesn't flatter me. The length of the front really cuts me in half. If the front was the same length as the back, this probably would have been a keeper for me. Also, the vertical lace panel in front is pretty, but that requires a tank top underneath, which I'd prefer not to do. It's a beautiful flowy fabric, but perhaps a bit too flowy?

VERDICT -- RETURNED

Sweet Rain -- Earlson Split Neck Blouse

Sweet Rain -- Earlson Split Neck Blouse -- Teal Green -- $44.00
These colors are gorgeous! I love the colors, the different patterns, and the silky material of the shirt. The shirt fits perfectly, with a modest neckline and not-too-big arm holes. I can even wear a normal bra, instead of a strapless! Yay! This can be worn to work or casual, so that's even better! Really happy with this one!  

VERDICT -- KEEPING!!

Kallie did a great job, and I will be requesting her every time! Thank you Kallie!! I think we are on to something here!!

P.S. Three of my four requests were met. You may be wondering about my request for a midi skirt. Kallie mentioned that she has one in mind for me but it is currently out of stock. So, I very much appreciated her acknowledging my request in her note!!

Happy girl

Check out my other reviews!! stitchfix1  stitchfix2  stitchfix3  stitchfix4  stitchfix5

No comments:

Post a Comment